IJMCR ISSN: 2321–3124
Articles can be submission online
We Follow Peer Review Process
Call for Papers: Sept-Oct 2017 Issue
Welcome to IJMCR
 

Article Published In Vol.2 (Jan-Feb-2014)

Biological Activity of Modified Chrysin

Author : Faize Beg, Mrs. Amrita M Bhatia and Mrs Ulfat I Baig

Download PDF

The aim of the present study was to determine the effect of chrysin and its metal conjugates chrysin-copper and chrysin-manganese on auxotrophic strains of Escherichia coli for lysine and vitamin B12. Further studies were also done on Lactobacillus delbrueckii for histidine. The auxotrophic strains were supplemented with chrysin metal conjugates along with their respective growth limiting factor. Gradient was created by increasing the concentration of chrysin conjugates and gradually decreasing the concentration of growth limiting factor sequence. At 0.15 g/ml concentration of chrysin metal conjugates auxotrophic strains were reverted to prototrophs. The reverted strains were grown in minimal agar with Ethidium Bromide and organisms were able to grow in the range of 0.10g/ml up to 0.34g/ml concentration. From Reverse Mutation assay Chrysin and its metal conjugates proved to be mutagenic agent but not a carcinogen. The assumption of Ames test that when a compound is mutagen there is 90% chance of it being carcinogen but chrysin comes in remaining 10% i.e. it is a mutagen but not a carcinogen.

Keywords: flavonoids, chrysin, anticarcinogen, metal complex

 

 

 

 

Announcements

About IJMCR

All the persons belonging directly or indirectly to Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Virology, Environmental Sciences, Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Food and Nutrition, Botany, Zoology, Mycology, Phycology and Agricultural Sciences.